Solar Hot Water System Installation
Installing a Apricus Solar Hot Water System
Eco Sustainable House have recommended installers for the Solar Hot Water Systems.
Pricing for the installation of a solar hot water system varies. Factors that an installer considers when quoting the installation are:
1 or 2 storey building
Gas or Electric Boosted
Is there a solar system already in place
Where are you wanting the tank to be situated
How big your tank is 250, 315, or 400L tank depends on how many installers needed
How many evacuated tubes to install 22, 30, or 44
All these factors are what our installers consider when pricing your installation.
To find out more please call or email us!
Ever wondered how gas or electric boosted solar hot water systems work? Here's a quick rundown based on the above diagram:
1. Cold water enters storage tank from mains
2. If there is heat available on the roof, the pump station will switch on and circulate water through the solar collector
3. Water is heated in the collected and returned to the storage tank. This process is repeated until the top out temperature is reached
4. Hot water is tempered down to a safe level (around 50 degrees Celsius) and supplied to the home fixtures
5. If not enough heat is generated from the sun, and electric or gas booster simply tops it up as required